The decision to add a swimming pool once you have completed building your house cannot be taken lightly. It is a decision that will no doubt alter the landscape and the entire outlook of your home. The fact that it will be a permanent part of your home should guide you in making the decision. Factors such as quality, maintenance, aesthetics and warranty should be considered when settling for a swimming pool.
Depending on your needs and considerations,you will find that the market has a wide range of pools from which you can pick. Inflatable pools provide a temporary option where you have the swimming pool on needs basis as opposed to having a permanent one. They are thus cheap and come in different designs, colours and shape.
Another type of swimming pool that is common is the above ground pools. Just as the name implies, these pools are built above the ground. However, in most cases these pools are small. Their construction is also a bit pricey and the size tends to be limited because of the nature of their design.
The final type of swimming pool is the inground pool. This type of a pool requires the ground to be dug up to create space for the pool. Their level is basically below the ground hence the name inground. These pools are by far the most popular pools. This is because unlike the others, they give you the ability to transform your home outlook especially the backyard where most pools are located. When constructing an inground pool, expressing your creativity allows you to come up with a design that is unique. Additionally there are many features that can be incorporated to make them fun and interesting.
There are three main types of inground pools; Concrete or Gunite Pools, Vinyl Pools and Fiberglass Pools. Concrete and vinyl pools have been popular over time and have been used to construct swimming pools. This is however changing due to the evolving technology which has seen the usage of fiberglass become popular in construction of pools.
The use of fiberglass in pond construction gives you the opportunity to have a high quality pool structure. It is aesthetically appealing, flexible and therefore can be fit into any size and shape. It is a pool that offers you variety and flexibility.
What Is The Cost Of Fiberglass Pools?
When compared to other inground pools the fiberglass pools seem to be a bit more costly. However, this pricing is only done on the initial investment costs. It does not factor in the cost of maintenance. While the concrete pools will need constant re-plastering and the vinyl ones will need constant replacing of the liners, fiberglass presents very little maintenance problems. If well taken care of, it does not require any extensive overhaul which translates to long-term saving.
The cost of installing a fiberglass pool is also dependent on other factors such as:
• Type of installation – this is the kind of installation that you will settle for. Will it be self-installation or will you contract a company to do the installation for you? Self-installation will require you to purchase all the required materials. Although it will lower the cost, self-installation will require you to dedicate a lot of time and energy to get the materials as well as learn how to install the pool. Additionally you will need to acquire permits.
• The quality of materials – there are variations in the quality of materials that are used in constructing a fiberglass pool. The price of the materials is dependent on quality and hence affecting the total cost.
• Size of the pool – the size of the pool will determine the amount of material to be used thereby affecting the overall amount of money that will be consumed by the pond construction.
• The number of add-ons – these are extra equipment that comes with the pool. They form part of the pool installation,adding some extra costs. They include heat pump, security cover, light, waterline/perimeter tile, automatic pool cover among others.
Now that you know what will determine the cost of installing a fiberglass swimming pool, below are the costs for fiber glass pool based on the above factors:
For this kind of installation you will need to purchase the pool shell and all the pools equipment. Upon purchase, these items will be shipped to your house. You will be solely responsible for all the labour work involved in the project. Depending on the size of the pool, this project costs $12,000 – $30,000.
If you decide to hire the services of a company for the installation of a fiberglass swimming pool, you will be given different packages depending on the level of installation. These are:
• Pool Less Concrete Decking – also known as basic install. This package provides you with the pool shell and equipment, shipping, excavation and setting of the pool, backfill and filling the pool with water. You will be responsible for concrete forming and prepping and all the other activities that involve the pool. This will cost $20,000 – $45,000
• Pool Less Concrete Decking/basic install plus concrete – In this package you will get all the services above. In addition, the company will undertake the concrete decking, cleaning of the pool and final grading. This package will cost you an average of $30,000 – $65,000.
• Turn-Key – This is the most comprehensive package as it covers all the services provided in the other packages. The additional services include fencing and electrical costs. To get this package it will cost you $35,000 to $75,000
Please note that these prices are very general. However they will give you a better picture of what to expect when choosing to install a fiberglass pool.